Below are standard components of every book publishing project we do. Each project will have its own unique set of terms.
- As our customer, you have the power and ability to enter into the business detailed on behalf of your company, organization, or as an individual. By making the required [xxxxxx] down payment of [xxxxxxx] to begin this project, you are agreeing to the work in this estimate, and you are agreeing to the entire terms of it. The remaining balance of [xxxxxxx] is due upon delivery of one hard copy of the finished project.
- You agree to the payment details of this contract. Your down payment is considered your agreement to fulfill the work detailed and is not refundable. You may stop progress on this project at any point. However, you will be responsible for billings on all work up to that date. Any billings not paid within 30 days of the billing issue date will incur a 5% administrative penalty on the billing total each month it is not paid and will face legal collections after reaching a stage of 90-days past due.
- Fees for book purchase orders are due at the time of each order.
- This project’s fees are based on known requirements and may rise or fall due to unforeseen changes or requests in the project.
- Ebook conversion services, if applicable, are due at the time of commitment and are not refundable.
- Unless otherwise determined, you agree to provide us with what we need to complete the project by [xxxxxx-date-xxxxxx], including text, images and other information, and in the required format.
- You agree to review our work and provide final approval in a timely manner. You will also be bound by any dates that we set together. Any deadlines that are not met may be subject to additional charges for work involved in rescheduling the production process of your project. Any missed deadlines will also require new deadlines be set for any remaining deadlines at that point. [xxxxxx-deadline-dates-xxxxxx]
- The fees detailed in this document are based on the number of days we estimate we will need to accomplish everything from our pre-estimate consultation. It is common for the scope of a project to change after it is started, and we aim to be as accommodating with these requests as possible. If you do want to make changes to the project after agreeing to this contract, those details can be negotiated in a fluid manner, and may be subject to additional charges.
- You guarantee that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork that you provide us for inclusion in this project are either owned by you, or that you have permission to use them.
- When we receive your final payment, copyright for the design services involved in this project are automatically assigned to you.
- We love to show off our work and share what we have done with our customers, so we also reserve the right to display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio and to write about the project on websites, in magazine articles and in books about design and book publishing.
- We can not guarantee any completed works will be error free, and so we can not be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising from this project, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.